Friday, January 14, 2005

Another day at the office

So, I'm sitting here in my suit. It's what my farm-raised football-playing friend gets teased for calling "heather brown." I just rediscovered that amazing illusion of Bendy Pen where you hold a pen parallel to your desk and wobble it side to side while bouncing your wrist. It's amazing, isn't it? Just amazing. I love that Bendy Pen trick. Hrrmmm. Just answered a phone call because I'm on phone back-up. It was a cute old lady who wanted to make sure that our office manager changed the name of her alumni group from spelling alumnI to alumnAE because the group began as all women. She said it "got her all wrangled" when she received a newsletter. Did you know that "alumni" is male? I didn't know. Learn something new every day. Like yesterday, I learned that cream cheese stuffed soft pretzels are not as good as classic salted soft pretzels dipped in lukewarm nacho cheese. And that it's hard to enjoy a rodeo if you can't block feeling sorry for calves getting roped. One managed to stand up with all of its legs tied together and then it slowly toppled over onto its nose. I laughed out loud, but then I wanted to cry about it. What an emotional roller coaster. I'm going to have left-over chicken fried chicken for lunch today. Yesterday I took the Controller and Grant Director to lunch because I beat them at an Apprentice bet and ordered it at a sports bar with the Controllers high recommendation. It was good, but I do not understand it. What is chicken fried chicken? And what is chicken fried steak? And why don't they just call it fried chicken if it's chicken?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home